Monday, August 31, 2009


Karim Benzema Wants To Win Ballon d'Or At Real Mad

New Real Madrid signing Karim Benzema has declared that he dreams of being crowned Europe's best player with his new club.

In an interview with AS, the talented attacker expressed his desire to repeat the successes of Zinedine Zidane and Raymond Kopa, the only previous French footballers to win the prestigious award while wearing the white of Madrid.

"I signed for Madrid to win titles and if we achieve these collective triumphs, maybe at some point an individual award will follow," he said.

"However, I must admit that one of my dreams is to win the Golden Ball [Ballon d'Or] playing in this team. I would follow in the footsteps of Zidane and Kopa."

The former Lyon star also said that he is looking foward to playing with the likes of Xabi Alonso and Cristiano Ronaldo, with whom he expects "to do great things in attack for Madrid".

Benzema spoke, too, of his boyhood hero, former Madrid striker Ronaldo, who he admits inspired him.

"I do not want to emulate Ronaldo and I do not want to be like him. I am inspired by him, but nothing more," he said

No comments:

Post a Comment