Monday, August 31, 2009


pellegrini: "I was satisfied with what the team did in its first regular season game"
Realmadrid.com / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell
Manuel Pellegrini was satisfied with his team's performance against Deportivo La Coruña.
"I am happy for several reasons. Firstly, because there is always much anticipation and players get nervous in a first game. Secondly, because we scored three goals and had many chances to net more."

"We created danger down the wings through Cristiano, Kaka, Arbeloa, etc. We dominated every spot in attack against a complicated opponent that is virtually the same side it was last year. They have the same coach and they are good in defence and at counterattacking. We constantly looked to score and they hardly had any chances on our goal. I also believe we did a good job in defence."

"I don't really know if we suffered, but I can tell you the match was tight. We had the chance to earn a more ample victory; Benzema's shot to the post is a good example of this."

"I think the team is balanced and I believe Xabi Alonso and Lass did a great job. We have much potential in attack and these two players balance the team. I think our centre backs made no mistakes except for the goal Deportivo scored from a set piece. We still have time to improve on defending aerial plays."

No comments:

Post a Comment