Tuesday, September 29, 2009

BE COOL RON

After Cristiano Ronaldo showed his frustration at being substituted for Real Madrid against both Tenerife and Xerez, his team-mate Gonzalo Higuain has explained that it was a spur of the moment reaction and the whole team understands the need for squad rotation.

"The coach [Manuel Pellegrini] is taking the decision to make changes, which is good in my opinion," Higuain told Marca.

"You suffer [physically] most at the end of the season, so he is doing them now because he has the squad to do so. Every player wants to play, but I haven't seen Cristiano angry."

Despite an impressive season last year, in which he scored 22 league goals, Higuain has not seen as much playing time this campaign as he would have wished. However, the Argentine is not worried and insists he is happy to be part of the squad.

"I'm fine, working in every training session with the desire to play. I'm one more [member] of the squad, I'm doing my best and I feel like I have the confidence of my coach and my team-mates. All I have to do is keep working in order to try and play more.

"We are all important. We are rotating a lot and we will all have our opportunities, so we must all feel wanted when our time comes."

No comments:

Post a Comment