Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Esteban_Granero.jpg esteban image by pintitacarmelita
believes he linked well with Kaka in the 3-0 win at the Cornell El Prat...


Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero says his goal for the season is to establish himself in the Los Merengues starting line-up and he insists it is an achievable target.

"To be a revelation is too big of a goal. It sounds nice but that is not the target. I want to be important to the team, if I am that means more minutes [playing]. That's my goal, to be a starter," Granero said.

The 22-year-old midfielder, who spent the last two season at Getafe, said in an interview with Spanish publication AS that he knows he needs to improve if he is to succeed in his goal.

Granero certainly put his best foot forward at the weekend as he grabbed the first of Real's three goals in a comfortable win over Espanyol at the weekend and feels he acquitted himself quite well alongside Kaka.

"I am very comfortable with Kaka and the others, we connected well on the field," he remarked.

"I feel good between the lines, that's my best position. The coach [Manuel Pellegrini] asked me to do what I know to do and told me how to improve."

No comments:

Post a Comment