Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pellegrini: "We did well tonight"


"I am pleased with the win and with the way the defense played"
Carlos Cristobal / Translation by realmadrid.com

Manuel Pellegrini was much happier with his team's performance on Wednesday night. The Real Madrid coach pointed out the how well his defense played and the team's scoring capabilty in post-match comments from El Madrigal.

“It was an important win on a difficult pitch, but we were the better side even when it was eleven against eleven. We had to work hard and we had trouble sealing the deal.”

“Once they were down to ten men, we individually tried to knock them off-balance, but our defense was great. We will begin playing more naturallly and with more agility.”

“I don't think Cristiano Ronaldo is motivated by what Messi does in his match. I think he challenges himself. He shows his stuff match after match. Kaka and Cristiano are responsible for taking penalty kicks, so they decide amongst themselves who takes it.”

“The crowd's acknowledgement was spontaneous. I hold a special place in my heart for this club despite the fact that I am now coaching another team. I am sure Villarreal will soon climb the table despite the start they have had.”

“Winning was all that mattered. I am pleased with the win and for having defeated Villarreal at home. We visit the five strongest teams in the first half of the season. I like how well the defense played and am happy with how many goals we are scoring. We did well tonight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment