Thursday, September 3, 2009


The Spanish midfielder was full of praise for his club colleague.

Sep 3, 2009 3:00:42 PM

Guti, Real Madrid (MARCA)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Guti, Real Madrid (MARCA)


Cristiano Ronaldo completed a record €94 million switch to Real Madrid from Manchester United earlier in the summer, and despite not having yet exhibited the level of form that saw him shine at Old Trafford, Guti has praised the Portugal international.

"Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world and I am flattered he has noticed me," Guti told TVE.

Real Madrid spent big in the summer transfer window to build a squad capable of putting an end to their title drought and emulating Barcelona's treble-winning season, and Guti reckons the Merengues have a stronger squad than the one guided by Pep Guardiola.

"This is one of the best squads I have been a part of, and we are ready to fight for three titles," he noted.

"I believe Madrid have a better squad than Barca. I would like to play the Champions League final at the Bernabeu, against Barcelona or whoever."

Guti, who was linked with football in England this summer, has also explained his role in the team, saying, "For all of the years I have been here, I will help the new players understand what the badge and this club are all about."

No comments:

Post a Comment