Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Argentina Call Is A Dream Come True - Gonzalo Higuain

Gonzalo Higuain has revealed how excited he is to have joined up with the Argentina squad this week for the first time and described it as a dream come true.

The Real Madrid forward is in line to make his debut for Diego Maradona's side in the crucial World Cup qualifiers against Peru at the weekend and then Uruguay in midweek.

Argentina are fifth in the South American table and there is a real danger that they may not qualify for South Africa, but that has not dampened Higuain's delight.

"This is a dream come true. I am very excited. This is what I've wanted for a very long time and I have to make good use of it," he told AS.

"The situation is complicated. We hope the atmosphere in the team improves both on and off the pitch. That will help us reach the World Cup.

"I was very anxious before the call. I've tried to stay calm because nerves can sometimes play against you. I am very happy and I hope I'm not dropped from future squad lists."

No comments:

Post a Comment